Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blogs


I read the blog of Stephanie Ellis, only really because she loves Twilight and I do to, but it was a very good choice looking back on it. I would first like to say that I loved all her posts and she is very articulate. Also, I think it is very cool how she expresses herself and her opinions in a very classy manner. At first I was not overly enamored with the fact that I was going to have to do a blog for a class, I thought it was going to be a stupid idea, but now looking back, I really appreciate it.

One reason a blog is very beneficial is that a student can express herself freely while doing something productive for school. I really liked writing in the blogs and talking about what I agreed with as well as disagreed with. When I type these blogs I feel like I am talking to a group of people because I know anyone can read it. Also, by having students watch and listen to something and then respond, you are able to know what they were thinking and if they liked it or not. I thought that Stephanie Ellis did a great job with this because she really had an opinion on everything which was great when you are in a class like this with some diverse opinions.

One thing about these blogs that is bittersweet is the fact that they are public. For one, I think that it is great that they are public and that many people can see them and respond. However, it is also bad because if there was not a students who really paid attention they could just go to the other blogs and kind of reword them. I am not saying that is the right thing to do however, if I was in a jam I could see that as an easy way out. I also think that the blogs being public can be a really good thing as well. If I was ever confused I would look on other people's blogs to get an idea about what I need to write. Also, classmates can communicate with one and other so they know everything that is going on as well as they can work
with one another.

Overall, I felt that a blog is a great idea. It is unconventional right now but I feel that it could be a lot more popular in the future. The Internet is something very important in today's society so I could see many teachers using them in the future. It does stink when the Internet does not work because it throws everything off. Overall, I was very impressed with many of the blogs that I looked over and I know that a lot of people took their time on them and thats great. Blogs have been well received and I feel they are just going to keep becoming more and more popular.

No comments: