Tuesday, December 2, 2008

EDM 310 Podcasts



First of all, I would like to say that I think that the podcasts were a great project for our class to experience. I liked podcasts prior to this; however, I feel it is one of those little tools that people don’t know about. I think it was great for our class to be there while the podcasts were going on so we could hear them first hand. Since I heard my class live, I thought I would go back and listen to those again to hear how they were on the computer. Also, I figured a lot of people would go back and listen to different people because they had already heard our class.

I listened to my group’s presentation first because I just wanted to know what I sounded like. I know that lame, but it is true. I thought overall my group did well. I think that we did decent when talking, we each took our turns and then we talked all together like a conversation. At the same time, I feel that we could
have been a little more conversational. When people listen to radio shows they listen to hear everyone’s opinion, usually it’s more of a casual setting and its more conversational. Also, when I was listening to myself, I felt that I sounded like a valley girl and unprofessional. I have to carefully pick out my words because I think that is one of the reasons I sounded like I did. Like everyone, I also need to work on not using the filler words, such as like and um. Those also make people sound unprofessional and uneducated on the subject. For the first time, I was proud of my group and I thought we did a very good job, but there are always those little things you can work on.

I thought that the other groups did well also, but just like our group they experienced a little things that could be fixed. First, I thought my group was lucky because we got an interesting topic to talk about, and I thought some other topics were a lot more straight forward and kind of boring. I thought for the most part the groups did a good job trying to make it interesting but some of them went a little too long. When these podcasts go over the time by 5 to 10 minutes people can really tell and they lose a lot of interest. I felt that the people in our class had a lot of the same opinions, and well I value that they all wanted to talk I also feel that it also made me lose interest because it was quite repetitive. The rest was just little things like talking louder and not using filler words. I think this is a great tool that we tested out because it was useful for me to hear how I sounded when I spoke and all of us can improve ourselves, which is what I felt like this exercise was all about.

No comments: