Tuesday, November 11, 2008

International blogs


At the Renwick School, there is grade 1 taught by Dianne, and her blog is the one that I discovered on the web. I thought that it was very interesting that she did a blog for such a young class, but then I saw how it was so helpful. First, she could help other young teachers who do not know what to do with a young class. Dianne put up pictures and descriptions of what her and her class did all day and especially on days that were fun for the kids. Also, when parents have young kids, it is kind of hard to let them go. By the teacher having this blog parents can keep up with what their children are doing. Also, it is hard to understand children and what they are talking about but here parents have the access to help them understand. I thought that this blog was unconventional because of the age but it is a brilliant idea.

The British School of Amsterdam has a blog for its “lower junior” class and its “upper junior class”. Much like Dianne, the teachers for the Lower Junior Class are very involved with the blog and want people to know what is going on in their school. They not only talk about what the students to daily, they also post different things that they have done. For instance the first thing that I saw there were Anti Bully Poems that really helped the students express themselves. I think that many teachers are now finding out the benefits of blogs and they really enjoy when the students as well as parents can be involved. I feel that many schools should start really advocating blogs to their teachers because it is also a great way to share information with other teachers around the world. I really think that many great ideas are being spread world wide and it is fascinating.

Please Note: I tried to find a picture of the British School of Amsterdam's Blog, but I was unable to find one

No comments: